What training do I need?

To become a registered cabler you must complete the appropriate training course for the type of cabling registration that you require – Open or Restricted

If you want to work in commercial and domestic premises, you must have an Open registration. If you only want to work in domestic premises you are only required to obtain a Restricted registration.

In addition to completing a training course, you must also have a minimum of 80 hours cabling experience for Restricted Registration and 360 hours cabling experience for Open Registration and have completed a relevant Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) course.

There are a number of Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) around Australia that can assist you with your training needs.

The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) and key industry stakeholders have developed a document called Pathways to ACMA Cabling Provider Rules (CPR) Registration to download a copy click here.

CLICK HERE  for a full list of CPR Accredited Training Providers and Assessors or HERE for a Registered Assessor List.

For more information on training alternatives contact us with your requirements

Click here to visit the ACMA website which provides further information on Registration and Training issues.